Hello from the UK Tornado Gr4A Italeri 1/48 kit

#

Hello from the UK Tornado Gr4A Italeri 1/48 kit

Standartinė buzz973 » 2013 Lie 19 (Pen) 2:55

Hello fellow model builders. My name is Andy and I am English living in the UK. I made contact with your forum through Tomas after I read an article about the Vilnius Model Show in an English model magazine. I am fortunate enough to have a girlfriend who is from Lithuania,a small village called Paluknys which is located between Vilnius and Trakai.
The reason behind my asking to join your forum is mainly out of my interest in military aviation and also that I spent 11 years as a soldier in the British Army. I cannot seem to shake off the a.ttraction of the Armed Forces so keep my interest going by building models.
I have a rather keen interest in the Panavia Tornado in all it's types, from the GR1 to GR4 the IDS and ECR versions and also the F2/3 ADV variant used by our Royal Air Force.
I also like military history from the Vietnam war and it's aircraft. Mainly the F105 THUNDERCHIEF and the A1 Skyraider.
It would be nice to get to see your show one day,easily done as we visit Lithuania quite alot during the year. So,I look forward to meeting up with you all one day in the future,enjoying looking through your modelling skills and hopefully being able to share some of your building techniques?
I have attached a photo of one of my builds,the Tornado GR4a this is an anniversary special scheme from Xtradecal in 1/48th scale celebrating 100 years of 2 Squadron RAF.
Viso geriausio......Andy
Paveikslėlis
Paveikslėlis
Paveikslėlis
Paveikslėlis
buzz973
Modeliuok.LT klubo narys

Re: Hello from the UK Tornado Gr4A Italeri 1/48 kit

Standartinė Linas » 2013 Lie 19 (Pen) 9:09

Hi, Andy, and welcome to our forum. I relocated your post to other finished models.

It's good to know that our little article has attracted people beyond reading and putting the magazine away :)
Vartotojo avataras
Linas
Modeliuok.LT klubo narys

Re: Hello from the UK Tornado Gr4A Italeri 1/48 kit

Standartinė buzz973 » 2013 Lie 21 (Sek) 2:44

Thank you Linas,I think it is good to be able to spread your wings and try to fly a little further than normal! It has been very interesting for me to look through this forum and see the difference between how we make our models. It is especially interesting to see all those models made from paper! Amazing! :thumbup:
I am coming over to Lithuania on the 27th July,so hopefully I can get to meet some of the club members whilst I am staying? I am there for the whole month of August....so plenty of time.
I hope that your articles can keep appearing in the magazines,maybe even get some of us coming over to display next year in April?
buzz973
Modeliuok.LT klubo narys

Grįžti į Karinė aviacija nuo 1947 m. / Military aviation after 1947 / Bоенная авиация с 1947 года

Dabar prisijungę

Vartotojai naršantys šį forumą: Registruotų vartotojų nėra ir 3 svečių